Monday 14 January 2013

Play misty for me



Why, in the name of all that's green and curly, do shops keep moving stuff around?  Silly question; I know why.  They think that if we have to go down different aisles we'll discover irresistible delicacies that we've never bought before, so we'll spend more money.  WRONG!  All that happens is shoppers get even more stressed and irritable, and we leave without even buying what we actually went in for.

Now, presumably in a further effort to tempt us, my local supermarket has installed sprinklers in the fresh veg section.

So not only can I not find anything, I have to penetrate a rainforest first.  Imagine my delight when, like a latter-day Mr Stanley, I finally discovered the pizzas. (Dr Oetker, I presume?)
But perhaps I'm alone in my dislike of cucumbers in the mist.  My friend says it looks lovely, but then she did think it was disco smoke - not unreasonably, I suppose, since they already play music at us.  I eagerly anticipate the dimming of the lights, and perhaps a mirror ball over the fish counter.  Just so long as they stop moving the damn biscuits!