Tuesday 11 February 2014

Post-age


A friend has just wished me a happy post-birthday... Now that's an idea!  Maybe {and I'm sure this will appeal to my contemporaries} we should abandon using numbers to represent our age altogether, and use symbols instead, rather like people do with wedding anniversaries.

"Yes," the proud mother will say, "he's getting to be a bit of a handful, now that he's turned Sticky."
"That boy's far too old for you, he must be Moped if he's a day, and you're still only Inky!"
I wonder if gender would make a difference?  "You don't look old enough to have a daughter of Knitting!"  "Ah, well, I married young - I was only just Disco when I had her."
"Look at that bloke over there - trying to look Rugby, when he's at least Harley, if not Cardigan!"

I rather like the idea of being Post. 
 Feet firmly on the ground.  Safe anchor for a boat, and strong enough to hold up a house.  But not finished yet, still flexible and looking forward to becoming Totem.