Tuesday 21 May 2013

Now you see me....



They say that when women reach a certain age, they become invisible.  How much fun would that be?  You could sneak into the cinema without paying, and pinch policemen's bums!  Probably best not to try both at the same time though, as it might raise suspicions.  Actually, I'm not seriously suggesting that middle-aged ladies should go round assaulting officers of the law; getting a piece of the breeches is almost certainly going to be a breach of the peace.  But talking of breeches, you'd never have to worry about what to wear, or whether, having chosen an outfit, you could still fit into it.

I think I'm at an age now when I can choose my level of visibility.  Faced with a raucous gang of teenagers, I fade into the background.  I can pass a building site with impunity, provided I concentrate and get the walk right.  But, when the occasion arises, I can confidently command attention with the best of them.  At the moment.

My grandmother used to say she had eyes in the back of her head; something else to look forward to, perhaps?... but maybe it was just that she could choose to be invisible, and then run very fast.  {Yes, I have just been watching Dr Who.} Just as well, I suppose; I have enough problems keeping my hair out of one pair of eyes.  Oooh, another advantage of invisibility - no more bad hair days!  Bring it on!